It’s already mid-October! Fall is my absolute favorite season and it has been flying! I’ve barely touched my Fall Bucket list but there is still so much time to take advantage of all the fun fall things to do in Central New York! Most people don’t realize that Fall doesn’t actually end until December 20! Whether you’re an outdoorsy go crunch leaves and cover yourself in a cute scarf fall lover or a stay inside cuddled up fall lover, this list will have some fantastic ideas for you! I’m also including some local events you won’t want to miss!
- Simmer some apple cider on your stove for a lovely fall potpourri that you will have to consume. Don’t forget your cinnamon sticks!
- Go for a moonlit walk and be sure to bundle up.
- Make a fall Sangria. Hello Pinterest…
- Make an apple pie and if you don’t like apple pie, make one for me! Dutch Apple, please?
- Football Sundays! If you’re not into football make some football food for your friends and family that like football! Think Chili, Buffalo Wings, Buffalo Wing Dips, Homemade Pizza, spinach dip, finger foods etc.
- Make an Thanksgiving or Halloween Centerpiece, if you’re crafty!
- Paint your nails a deep Merlot, gold, a warm red or any color that matches the gorgeous landscape that Central New York offers us this time of year.
- Are you a cook? Try some new soups! Invite some friends over and host a Cozy Autumn Soup dinner party! Have everyone bring something. If you don’t want to host, I will!
- Go outside and take pictures of everything because it all looks gorgeous this time of year. Take pictures of your family in the leaves, your pets, your kids, your friends, yourself…anything and everything!
- Have you decorated for Halloween yet?
- Bake some pumpkin bread or pumpkin muffins! I like mine with butterscotch chips!
- Wear some cozy fall socks (if you don’t have any, go buy some) and watch some scary movies! Get real creepy…
- Watch the movie Autumn in NY
- Carve or Paint pumpkins! I love painting pumpkins! My daughter had a school project last week and we painted hers to look like Hello Kitty! You can paint M&M pumpkins, pastel pumpkins, monster pumpkins, beachy pumpkins, marbled pumpkins anything you want! I slathered some gesso on some mini pumpkins last night and I’m going to paint them too look like the night sky, complete with constellations!
- There are so many different fall festivals going on, search them up and try them out!
- Visit a farm
- Do a haunted hayride, or a regular hayride if you’re not into the scary stuff
- Find a tree or Corn Maze!
- Rake leaves and jump in them then rake them again! Help your neighbor rake some leaves…
- Collect leaves, acorns and pine cones etc. to make a cool centerpiece
- Read or tell scary stories … if you don’t know any, your local library will have books or you can search online!
- Wear hoodies and sweaters everywhere…fall is for comfort
- Make some homemade Christmas gifts!
- Take a drive and look at the scenery
- Cuddle up and read a new book. I’m currently reading an amazing book called Letters To Vanessa. I highly recommend this!
That’s a pretty generic list of Fall Bucket list items but a lot of fun stuff nonetheless. Maybe my items will inspire you! I also have a list of specific to Central, NY events for you below. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
Burrville Cidermill, in Jefferson County
Enjoy hot cider donuts, apples, and apple cider.
Fright Nights, 1 Lepage Place, Syracuse NY
Fright Nights delivers a one-of-a-kind haunted experience in it’s 82,000 sq. foot factory from its Jurassic Dark dinosaur attraction to their Fallen Giant, which is the only one on the Globe! Call ahead
Spring Side Farms, in Fabius, NY
Offers pumpkins, a corn maze and tree maze, zip-lining, a jump pad, human Foosball, a playground, a wagon ride, early Christmas Tree tagging, petting zoo, pedal cars, barrel train, life-size 4 in a row and more and there is only a small admission charge of $8.00 per person for everything!
Beak & Skiff
Pick your own apples and taste test 1911 Ciders, Spirits and Wines
Check out the amazing fall foliage and hike one of the most beautiful places in NYS.
Punkin’ Chuckin’, Clayton NY on October 19, 2019.
Watch teams compete to see how far their pumpkins can soar using trebuchuts and catapults.
Stay in a haunted Hotel! Check out the Sagamore Resort, Fainting Goat Island Inn, or Belhurst Castle.
Tour Rolling Hills Asylum, an actual haunted and historical Asylum!
Haunted Oswego Tour. You can book online at HauntedOswego.com to view buildings and structures which have been home to spectors and very unusual events. This is a leisurely walk along the Oswego River through Franklin Square.
Zoo Boo at Rosamond Gifford Zoo, Saturday October 19, 2019.
4th Annual Fall Festival at Selkirk Shores, Saturday October 19, 2019. 11am-4pm
Psychic & Holistic Fair, Saturday November 9, 10am-5pm at Comfort Suites Cicero
Take a Fall Train Ride with Adirondack Scenic Railroad
Scare-a-Con at Turning Stone Casino, October 18-20th
Great NYS Model Train Fair, November 2-3, NYS Fairgrounds Center of Progress Building
Syracuse Wine & Chocolate Fest, NYS Fairgrounds November 30th
If there’s an event you love that I missed, please leave it in the comments for everyone! Happy Howling!